Tuesday, October 4, 2011

50th Luau Birthday Party

I had the great pleasure of being asked to design a very special client's 50th birthday party and I was so excited when she said she wanted a tropical Caribbean and luau celebration. I had such fun designing the bright and vibrant decor and lighting. Finding the perfect entertainment was also the icing on the cake. Fortune Entertainment provided us with  an amazing show featuring fire dancers, limbo dancers and dances from Hawaii to Tahiti! I loved finding the Tiki God heads from Bob Gail, he has some great props and also Lenny Marvin Prop Heaven had the wonderful Caribbean bar stools that we used as well. I just wanted to share some of my favorite photos from the event.











I love to carry through the decor design with the buffet as well. I complemented the fabulous food from Good Gracious! Events by wrapping the buffet table in thatching which also wrapped around the bar. Speaking of the bar, our most popular hang out during the night featured some delicious Tiki cocktails mixed up by Good Gracious' mixologist Dan Smith. It was very exciting to transform my client's stunning backyard into a Hawaiian paradise. Happy Birthday Terry!

Love,
Charley


Catering: Good Gracious! Events
Photography: Ben Hoffman from Two Sparrows Photography
Lighting: The Lighter Side
Rentals: Town and Country 
Flowers: Mark's Garden
Props: Bob Gail and Prop Heaven
Entertainment: Fortune Entertainment
Margaritas and Pina Coladas Machine: Margarita Man

No comments:

Post a Comment